Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just One of Those Days

When you read the title of this post, you may have thought, "Oh, great, another post about a screaming toddler who did something awful with poop!" But you'd be wrong. When I say "Just one of those days..." I am actually meaning it in a good way today.



As a stay at home dad, there are days when things are crazy. Kids are all over the place, things are breaking around the house, it's raining outside, or worse yet, the Jehovah's Witnesses are at your front door trying to get you to take their Watchtower magazine (which I don't because it will be a waste of trees and increase my carbon footprint... actually, I just have no problem being rude to sales people since I used to be one and got that attitude all the time, and yes, religious solicitations are sales calls!).  I actually had a meat company solicit me last week, but I don't buy my meat off of the back of trucks driven by teenagers.  However, today was not one of those days.

Today was a quiet day. I took my daughter out to Wal-Mart to get some essentials for a dinner we are hosting on Thursday. She was pleasant and happy during the entire trip, so she got a cookie on the ride home. It was a beautiful day weather wise too. Mid 80's and not too humid. I got some things done in the kitchen. I used a Jamie Oliver recipe for tomato sauce that I plan to freeze. I made some hummus for our dinner party. And I even managed to make cock-a-leekie soup which was a new one for me.  Now we're going out to play and blow bubbles.

There are enough crazy days without me trying to invent one for the sake of the blog. I'd rather just be honest with you and let you know that there are perfectly normal days too. And today was just one of those days. I consider it a blessing!

In other blog news, I am happy to announce that I will be guest blogging on a regular basis over at DaddysHome.org, a network for at-home dads.  They have also made me their featured blog for this week as well!  I am very thankful for the opportunity to speak to their audience, so make sure you check out their site if you haven't yet.  I will also be looking for other opportunities to guest blog.  If you missed it, I actually did TWO last week.  One was about Brad Paisley's song "Little Moments" for Manhood v. Dadhood and the other was for the Urban Daddy, a blogger in Toronto, where I wrote about how the USA crushes Canada when it comes to pop-culture.  So, check those out too.

You never know... tomorrow could be one of those days and Friday's post will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...