Friday, December 9, 2011

Fatherhood News

I haven't really done this before, but there has been so much good fatherhood content coming out in the past few weeks that I feel like I should collect it all here and share it with you in one post.  So, here we go.


The Other F-Word

This is a documentary about former punk rock stars that have become fathers.  It looks amazing, and John Sowers, author of Fatherless Generation: Redeeming the Story and founder of The Mentoring Project has written a great review of it HERE.


Jobless Dads Get Quality Time With Children

If there is one thing positive thing about the poor economy, this is probably it.  I was contacted for this article, but I explained that my circumstances were different.  As you guys already know, I did not lose my job due to the "Mancession" but rather walked away from it.  I didn't quite fit with the theme of the article, but I want to share it anyway since it does touch on a lot of key fatherhood issues related to the poor economy.  The other reason I want to share it is because it portrays fathers in a positive light, especially one local father who doesn't live that far from me.  Great job Bloomberg Businessweek for having the guts to take the more difficult angle.

The Price of Fatherhood: $4.8 Million 

As reported in Tennessean, city officials targeted North and East Nashville because nearly 60 percent of the households in the neighborhoods are headed by single parents, compared to 39 percent in the rest of the county. Nashville is one of 120 recipients sharing $119 million from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children & Families.  The money will be used to create educational programs for fathers.


Babble's Top 10 Group Dad Bloggers

Check out some of the coolest guys around.  Yeah, we hang out sometimes... on Twitter mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...