Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Toddlers and The Seven Levels of "Why?"

Things are really busy here at The Real Matt Daddy household.  I'm in the process of several projects - renovating a house, cleaning my own house, building a few cigar box guitars (post coming soon!), winterizing, etc.  So, I'm taking a Tuesday off... well, not completely.  I wrote a post for the blog Lil' Kid Things, and you can feel free to read it if you need your regular Real Matt Daddy fix.

Toddlers and The Seven Levels of "Why?" - as featured on the blog Lil' Kid Things.

I wanted to thank those of you who tuned in on Saturday to hear me debate whether or not being at at-home dad violates God's design for men and women.  While the structure of the show did not allow me to fully elaborate, I feel that I did what I could in the time provided.  Since the host very strongly agreed with the other guy I was "debating," I didn't really feel like it was set up for me to come out on top.  But I knew that going into the event.  I don't need to win.  I was happy to be able to share my story, and if my story inspires one other person to make changes and become a more involved father, then it was worth all of the theological back-and-forth.  I know how God has blessed the arrangement that my wife and I prayerfully chose for our family.  I could fill dozens of pages on this blog with the ways that we have grown closer to Him and closer to each other.  But I wanted to make sure to thank you for your support, especially my at-home dad crew that is pushing for answers on the Up For Debate Facebook page.  I will post a link to the podcast as soon as it's live on their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...