Friday, October 12, 2012

@GoogleChrome Champions #Fatherhood in Their Recent Ad Campaign #Dadvertising

I've never met a mom who didn't love a commercial with an involved father in it. I have to believe that has to be part of the motivation behind Google's new set of ads for their Chrome web browser. But regardless of their motivations, I have to say "THANK YOU!" to a brand that dares to include involved fathers in their advertising (or, as I call it, #Dadvertising). Check out their latest effort.



This ad is fantastic. It simply tells a story without a hard sell. You want to be that dad. You want to do something amazing like he did. You want to have a story like his. So, you probably need to use Google Chrome. If I didn't already use the browser (apparently, it's an awesome dad thing), I'd probably check it out based on these commercials. 

Isn't that what we want from brands? We want them to capture real life in their advertising. We want them to "get it" when it comes to what we do on a daily basis. We want them to understand why we choose to use a certain product. We want them to listen to our feedback and improve their products according to our desires. Everything I know about Google leads me to believe it does exactly that. And in the world of marketing and public image, that's a win for Google. Now that we expect this kind of relationship with them, all they have to do is live up to it.

Here the other videos in this series.  What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...